Services We Offer
Tax Effective Personal and Business Succession Planning Legal Solutions
We pride ourselves on our considered, pragmatic and robust approach to Client engagements and can assist with all of your succession planning and associated legal requirements, including:
- Drafting tax effective Wills, with the option of Testamentary Trust(s) where appropriate;
- Preparing Mutual Wills with a corresponding Wills Agreement if required;
- Preparing and explaining Corporate Power of Attorney, General Power of Attorney, Enduring Power of Attorney and Enduring Power of Guardianship nominations across Australia;
- Reviewing, Advising on and Preparing Superannuation Death Benefit Nominations and Agreements;
- Providing guidance around drafting an effective Letter of Wishes;
- Establishing Private Ancillary Funds for charitable purposes if required;
- Drafting family loan agreements;
- Explaining how interests held in companies, trusts, partnerships, as well as superannuation funds, will be treated upon succession and relevant taxation and duty implications;
- Reviewing and updating, where required, Trust Deeds, Constitutions, SMSF Deeds and Partnership Agreements;
- Drafting Shareholder Agreements and Buy-Sell Agreements in consultation with your accountants and financial advisers;
- Facilitating the preparation of a Family Constitution for family businesses;
- Advising around the formation of a Family Office and providing legal services in this regard as required;
- Advising on tax implications arising on events such as relationship breakdowns and change in residency status, and appropriate structuring considerations;
- Advising on tax implications in administering an estate, including in relation to capital gains tax, transfer duty and land tax;
- Attending to lodgement of documents with Landgate (i.e. Survivorship Application); and
- Providing relevant commercial advice as required.
At our initial consultation, we will discuss which of the above services are best suited to your needs, depending on your current circumstances and requirements. We strongly recommend that personal and business succession planning documents be updated on significant life and business milestones. At a minimum we recommend they be reviewed at least once every 5 years.
We will address any queries that you may have in a friendly and easy to understand manner, both in our initial consultation, as well as throughout the course of our engagement.
What our Clients say:
- Very pleased with the level of expertise
- I can't thank you enough
- Lee-Ann certainly knows her area well
- Thank you for your excellent work
- I would not have been able to navigate this without you
Who We Are
Lee-Ann Cartoon, Principal of Succession Solutions Perth, is an experienced tax and succession planning solicitor. Her experience includes working at Western Australia's premier tax law firm as well as within tax teams at some of the world's largest organisations. Lee-Ann is an Associate of The Tax Institute Australia, an Affiliate Member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and a member of The Law Society of Western Australia.
Lee-Ann sits on the STEP WA Committee and is Chair of the STEP WA Membership and Promotion Sub-Committee (MPSC) as well as serving on the STEP National MPSC. Lee-Ann was recognised as a Recommended Wills, Estates & Succession Planning lawyer in Western Australia in the 2021, 2022 and 2023 Doyle's Guide rankings and SSP was recognised as a Leading West Australian Wills, Estates and Succession Planning Law Firm in the same Guides. SSP has also been recognised by Wealth & Finance as the best succession planning firm in Western Australia in 2022.
Lee-Ann has a passion for helping people and as such her practice has evolved to focus on succession planning for mid to high net wealth individuals and their associated entities.
It is rare for succession planning lawyers to also be tax lawyers and Lee-Ann presents regularly at industry forums on tax effective succession planning. Lee-Ann draws upon her tax expertise to provide clients with outstanding tax effective succession planning services at highly competitive pre-agreed prices.
Every adult should have a well thought out personal, and where relevant, entity, succession plan in place. The risks of not doing so can be costly, time consuming and distressing for loved ones and may result in your estate, trust and business assets being administered otherwise than in accordance with your wishes.
Plan for the future today. We are here to help!
Feel free to contact us today for an obligation free discussion as to how best we can assist you.
Address: Level 1, 100 Havelock Street,
West Perth, 6005
Phone: 08 6160 5923
Mobile: 0466 713 749