Services We Offer
Tax Effective Personal and Business Succession Planning
We can assist with all your succession planning and associated legal requirements, including:
- Drafting tax effective Wills, with the option of Testamentary Trust(s) where appropriate;
- Preparing Mutual Wills with a corresponding Wills Agreement if required;
- Preparing and explaining Corporate Power of Attorney, General Power of Attorney, Enduring Power of Attorney and Enduring Power of Guardianship nominations across Australia;
- Reviewing, Advising on and Preparing Superannuation Death Benefit Nominations and Agreements;
- Providing guidance around drafting an effective Letter of Wishes;
- Establishing Private Ancillary Funds for charitable purposes if required;
- Explaining how interests held in companies, trusts, partnerships as well as superannuation funds will be treated upon succession and relevant taxation and duty implications;
- Reviewing and updating, where required, Trust Deeds, Constitutions, SMSF Deeds and Partnership Agreements;
- Drafting Shareholder Agreements and Buy-Sell Agreements in consultation with your accountants and financial advisers;
- Facilitating the preparation of a Family Constitution for family businesses;
- Advising around the formation of a Family Office and providing legal services in this regard as required;
- Advising on tax implications arising on events such as relationship breakdowns and change in residency status and appropriate structuring considerations;
- Advising on tax implications in administering an estate, including in relation to capital gains tax, transfer duty and land tax; and
- Providing relevant commercial advice as required.
At our initial meeting we will discuss which of the above services are best suited to your needs, depending on your current circumstances and requirements. We strongly recommend that personal and business succession planning documents be updated on significant life and business milestones. At a minimum we recommend they be reviewed at least once every 5 years.
We will address any queries that you may have in a friendly and easy to understand manner, both in our initial meeting, as well as throughout the course of our engagement.
Who We Are
Lee-Ann Cartoon, Principal of Succession Solutions Perth, is an experienced tax and succession planning solicitor. Her experience includes working at Western Australia's premier tax law firm as well as within tax teams at some of the world's largest organisations. Lee-Ann is an Associate of The Tax Institute Australia and an Affiliate Member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
She has a passion for helping people and as such her practice has evolved to focus on succession planning for mid to high net wealth individuals and their associated entities. It is rare for succession planning lawyers to also be tax lawyers and Lee-Ann presents regularly at industry forums on tax effective succession planning. Lee-Ann draws upon her tax expertise to provide clients with outstanding tax effective succession planning services at highly competitive pre-agreed prices.
Every adult should have a well thought out personal, and where relevant, business succession plan in place. The risks of not doing so can be costly, time consuming and distressing for loved ones and may result in your estate being administered otherwise than in accordance with your wishes and business activities disrupted.
Plan for the future today. We are here to help!